Livestreams get three times more views than regular videos on social media. If you are serious about growing your business organically, you need to get live on your page. There is however an art in doing it efficiently and I am going to share my top tips on how to do that in this blog which sums up my podcast episode of this week.
The problem if you go live unprepared or without knowing the basics is that if you mess up, there is a likelihood that people won’t give you another chance. So preparation is very important. We are not longer in the days where it was such a novelty that people watched you just because you go live.
- Identify why you are coming live on FB
- Do your research so that you talk about something people are interested in
- Promote your live like you promote your offers
- Make sure your phone is charged or your laptop is plugged in
- Be natural and show up in a sustainable way (think: will you have the time to do your hair, make up, etc every single time you come live…)
- Choose one topic and stick to it
- Share value
- Be authentic
- Welcome your audience and invite them to say hi and share where they are from
- Respond to comments (unless you want to deliver content first in which case, let them know you will be responding to comments at the end)
- Be consistent: don’t do three lives one week and nothing for months
- End the video by thanking your audience and telling people if they watch the replay to please comment with #replay so you can respond to them and add a call to action
If you want more flesh for these tips, head over the podcast and listen to the episode in iTunes or stitcher. If you prefer You Tube, here is the link. And last but not least, if you are a female entrepreneur with a vision, come and join my group as this week is FB live week and this will give you a chance to practice FB lives and get feedback from me on what could be improved.
In the podcast, I mentioned a link to download your video from facebook if you want to repurpose it. Here is the link to that website.
I look forward to seeing you in the group. Thank you for reading.
(c) Ange de Lumiere 2020